9.04.2008

Moonstruck Visions – Forward to 44…

"Ohh, I think I will have that cool pyramid one & a latte please” There I stood about three years ago next to my spirit Sista. She was buying chocolates for her wedding anniversary and sharing brief “girlfriend time” with me… she had only enough time to visit during the shopping, selection and purchase process; but something made her suggest we sit and indulge. Mmmm. Moonstruck Chocolate Café
The occasion, dear to her heart The atmosphere, decorative The products, delectable The company, delightful The mood, disheartened . . . Mine anyway. Life was getting the best of me … wait, I can’t say that I knew the best of me then. But I think you know what I mean. I was somewhere between a rock and a hard place with no room to move or breathe. Each day was proof that God was the only thing bigger than my world – “control” was His and He chose “Life”. For me, a few moments with spirit Sista became my breath of life for that day. She is one of (very) few who know “EVERYTHING” about me. I believe we are parallels in life … my line is a bit longer than hers but many experiences in life have made this a true analogy. Since the day we met, almost 20 years ago, ‘we clicked’ – a perfect fit – kind of like when I put on my favorite pair of shoes. AHHH! Years feel like moments when we spend time together. Which was a realization I had while mis-counting reps during my workout with King G Wednesday morning (almost hit him with the machine, again; oops). Uhh. Hello? He looked me at me [apparently my eyes were vacant] as he asked “where were you?” I honestly didn’t realize that I had zoned from the present moment to three years prior and was there from about the 4th pectoral fly right up until King inquired of my whereabouts - guess he counted my next 7 or more reps – which I can’t remember how many was too many – but enough to make King wonder about me. =) I act as if that’s a surprise… it’s daily entertainment for him. It was during that missing moment, it all made sense. I was at Moonstruck. (I didn’t even try to explain it – just apologized to King – said I’m back now). The vision of 44 had come true. Okay. Skip back to Moonstruck before the vision and it will make more sense. Sitting together sharing chocolate delights, my dearest, darling, sweet friend and spirit Sista sensed my desperation. She understood when I shared death of a heart and shivered as I described an instant defibrillation – awakening to life, aware of self, and for the first time realizing that... feelings of being unheard, unnecessary and invisible in this life were swept aside for a few fleeting moments one truth at a time. When we were intensely engaged in the conversation my Sista chose her parting words carefully. She had an affirmation to share and hoped I wouldn’t feel awkward with a vision that she was able to express for my life. Her vision had extended out three years… to my future at age 44. It wasn’t a “formal” prophesy in any way… just something our loving Heavenly Father wanted her to share with her needy sister-friend. Tears formed in my eyes as she described a freedom to love fully, completely and truly; joy and happiness would replace my current pain and fear. I would feel comfortable and confident being my true self and love would be genuine! Wherever I lived I would be content to adapt, overcome, and proceed. There were more things – but deeply personal. It’s been three years since the breath of life my Sista shared with me that night. Happiness, great joy! Life is different now... I love being alive to feel pain (the extra reps) of the fight to move forward, the miracle of boys becoming young men, the blessing of insightful Sista's and so much more. Ohh, and among the many things for which I am very grateful . . . friends whom I love and hold very close to my heart! Life is a journey ~ traveling with friends makes it all worthwhile!! I must admit I struggled this week (after having a birthday); whirling thoughts and feelings were wild and unfocused. I thought I was getting old – but I was wrong… I just need chocolate! Note to self: Visit Moonstruck – celebrate the presence (presents) of love, hope and LIFE as the future is now!!
HonuGirl

1 comment:

  1. OH Jolene I am sorry I missed your B-day! Being stuck in exile was more than I could handle....

    I hope you have a wonderful Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete

Whaddya thinkin?