9.26.2008

I smell friendship…

Dear Friend, When you asked if you could stop by last night I was pleased to share your company. It’s always fun; we laugh, joke about life, share stories, and compare favorite songs. Although you pointed out my tired eyes weren’t so smiley, you were sweet (wise) to stop with only one observation of my – um… sleepless stress. I was jealous of your workout schedule this week. But you reminded me that I should let myself off the hook this time. So, after you left I poured myself a glass of wine and sat down in front of my ‘functional’ monitor (yes, it’s STILL scared). Maybe you couldn’t see past my tired eyes – how blessed I felt that your thought of me and what little (HUGE) act could lift my weary spirit. Did you know I needed your gift? How could you? I was being frugal – careful to use my precious pennies for “boyz stuff” rather than invest in myself. (duh, I'm a mom.) Then again, you smiled after seeing your gift was perfect; one look revealed that I was burning the clear liquid down to the last ounce available. WOW – a set of three! I can’t believe it … Thank you for supplying, well supporting, um encouraging my … aromatic habit therapy! Can you ever fully appreciate how your thoughtfulness makes me *sniff* smile? Thanks for that too. I think? That’s what friends are for -- bringing a new candle when yours is nearly burnt out!!! Mmmm… I’m craving Crème Brule.
HonuGirl

3 comments:

  1. They were on Sale Too :-)


    MU

    Sleep Well you have earned it !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a good friend!

    Wish I lived closer.

    I hope you can feel this cyber hug, because you really deserve it.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart! You poor thing.

    I hope you have a happy Monday.

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

Whaddya thinkin?