4.07.2009

Words that make a girl twirl…

Nope, not CHOCOLATE!!

 

I had this long post started all about why I felt like "twirling" around the room the other day at my Dad's house… just as I used to when I was a young girl. But tonight I'm just going to cut to the chase. (My friend says I tend to over-edit; which I've done already and it still didn't express what I want it to say.)

 

My Dad is incredible – he's the one whose gift with words set such a high standard for my choice in greeting cards (his are THE best) and speaking truth and loving people more than things.

I walked into Dad's house on Saturday and I see him playing with my niece (fondly known as Baby Girl); she being the newest granddaughter who he adores (and who barely lets him leave her sight).

 

As he saw me, he turned her around to show her who arrived; with warm, familiar words,

my Daddy announced: 

"There's MY Baby Girl!"

That's when my heart twirled, eyes twinkled, and my spirit tingled as the little girl inside me spun wildly … giggling uncontrollably - never too old for a father's loving words!!

tee hee!

HonuGirl

2 comments:

  1. We're fortunate to have dads that make our hearts happy.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinkin' your niece is adorable and chocolate makes me twirl and Daddies are the bestest ever!

    ReplyDelete

Whaddya thinkin?