4.21.2009

Basking in the sun...

mentally anyway.
Today I work the 8-5 program.  
This means I get to walk through the sunny parking lot from my car to the office.   
Inside when I stand at the copy machine I feel the sun rays hit my skin through the window (I'm thinkin' I have A LOT of copying to do today.)   
At break time there's a brief opportunity to walk the trail around the building a couple of times... happy to have remembered my sunglasses.  
At lunch I can change shoes and take a LONG walk around a nearby park/walking trail... see wild life (birds, bunnies, toddlers n such) my food awaits at my desk.   
By the end of the day I will cheerfully make the glorious sprint out the door of the office and back to my car ... where I am off to enjoy the sunshine with my boys (when they are home).   
The pool isn't open yet, so I am not yet envious of the people who live to wear swim suits and spend their day basking in the sun...  
although I vaguely recall the precious days when I was first to call "dibs" on the best spot by the pool.
HonuGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whaddya thinkin?