12.22.2008

CAUTION: random explosions ahead…

Confession:  I recently had a breakdown in my PMA (positive mental attitude). 

To be honest, it was a full-blown (pun intended) Hollywood-worthy, non-flammable explosion.  

You know what I mean right?  I’m sure you’ve noticed when several items (unlikely to be hazardous) randomly explode following the expected fueled pyrotechnics… it makes little to no sense that the non-flammables would immediately blow up (multiple times).   Yeah, right.

Anywho.  I just experienced this senseless, irritating to watch, certainly worse to participate in chain of events.

 

I allowed a week of “life’s inevitable changes” bring my attitude down low enough that the spark from hitting the bottom of the barrel lit a fuse that detonated (normally non-flammable) circumstances regarding icy stormy weather, Christmas shopping and time without kids and friends M.I.A. -- eww!   All I can say is that it was as worthy of attention as a predictable, pyrotechnic boring, over-priced B-movie.

 

Such erratic emotional behavior is unusual for my character, so (after sleeping most the morning away) I took it upon myself to investigate the script to determine where exactly I misinterpreted my role.  

 

I’ll save you the boring specifics and just skip to the trailer highlights…

 

It’s the first day of winter; therefore, all hopes of any warmth from that glowing thing in the sky is truly devoid of sense.  The weather is frightful and shopping is too – also not finished.  Kids are not here and seeing friends seems impossible due to weather – loneliness ensues. 

  

New translations of script:

            Take a hot shower; turn on all the lights inside the apartment – make a hot latte to warm up. 

Call friends who are also stuck at home – cheer them up and discuss what presents they have left to buy; determine what presents already purchased are ready for wrapping.  Laugh about buying same theme of gifts for nephews.

Agree to keep kids for a few hours while their Dad & GF go out to Christmas party – choose not to panic when kids don’t want to bake cookies here, but would rather wait and bake with Dad’s GF.  Rationalize that it’s because they want something new to do with that person – certainly isn’t about not wanting to bake at home with me.   (uhh, yeah – that’s the best I got on that one.)

Find a neighbor in apartment complex who (like me) is stuck at home.  Invite her with son over to bake cookies; turn on Christmas music… laugh about being mutual distractinators while losing track of ingredients and bake really flat, tasty snickerdoodles.

Find an old headset to use while talking with a Friend – slight snarky jabs enough to draw a smile, but not enough for blood.   Find website that says my office may be closed tomorrow.

Continue to wrap presents and realize that I spent the whole day without eating … do cookies count.  Ooops!

It also helps to receive a note from King G who is determined to share all the PMA he can muster to lift the spirits of this character who struggled with life’s scripted changes.   Thanks King, I'm feeling better already!

 

When life’s script is hazardous… loving friends detonate expressions of love and kindness to create random explosions of joy and gratitude.   Ka-boom!!!   Sh-bang!!!   Pushaw!!”

Lights, camera, action... !!  

HonuGirl

Behold, I bring you good tidings of great  joy!

1 comment:

  1. Crikey! Friend...you need a Starbucks. Pronto!

    Wishing I was there to chat with ya....

    ReplyDelete

Whaddya thinkin?