12.09.2008

Seriously ... the inside scoop

A friend loaned me this book.

I read the first chapter… before the weekend started; just like I promised. 

The first few chapters extracted tears, laughter, quizzical moments -- it felt surreal

Sure it’s cliché; yet, I feel my photo slowly being transposed with the word in the dictionary with each chapter I read. 

Seriously!  (That being my newest over-used adjective.)   

I can’t adequately describe the connection between the author and myself . . .  not so much on the outside such that anyone else can observe (at the very least, she’s a celebrity - hello!  And I am - uhh, NOT {drama queen, maybe}!) 

So, I ask, how can our lives been eerily the same yet, so drastically different?

Perhaps it’s the foggy scene where she’s climbing into my journal to extract my life philosphies, paralyzing insecurities & self-concepts, snaps up my quirky decision-making processes and plucks out an emotionally imbalanced idea or two… she tosses them together with a dose of her wry wit, celeb friends, a Golden Globe award or two, and ... ta-dah!!!   A hysterical, cheeky, tear-inducing book!  

The book?  Well, I’m not ready to divulge the title yet; seriously honestly… I was a little unnerved that I was reading a book written by ... a celebrity.   

That’s what’s weird, it’s NOT the typical book I read:

self-help "in-a-minute" book for moms leadership in business how-the-heck do I do this  parenting boys for the confused mom financial tips for dummies daily devotional for closet perfectionist  kids books (with da boyz) for school   organization tips for a distractinator  how to win friends - b'cause she needs 'em

This was a book loaned to me “just for fun”… because my friend knew I’d enjoy it!

Awww.  

Thank you VERY much my Friend!!   It means you know me well (maybe too well).  

Seriously though, this doesn't necessarily mean you’ll be instantly privy to the rest of my psychosis and the 'inside scoop'; Miss Celebrity is already getting royalties for the book written from my journal pages. 

 

Just kidding, I’ll have more unpublished, non-celebrity plagiarisms soon, uhh ... 

I meant blogs!  

HonuGirl

5 comments:

  1. Dying to know which celebrity is borrowing your life!

    Also, are you a secret celebrity?

    Are you like Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus, only grown up?


    Come on, let us in on the secret ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! Do tell...?

    I say, it is rather difficult, but one must remain discreet and not allow such fanfare!

    Must remain discreet ... oh look a camera...

    *flash*

    No! Really...please - no photos!

    *flash* =D

    thank you - thank you! tee hee {so silly}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you are too funny. I'm with Miri, I am dying to know the celeb who stole your journal....It's not Angelina Jolie is it??

    ReplyDelete
  4. NOT her ... hmmm, think

    *desperate*

    wait ~ NOT that I AM!!!

    sheez ... this is not going well, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So what Beautifiul Celeb stole your notes on life ???

    The World Needs to know !!

    Alert the Inquirer so they can do a cover story !!!

    Glad you are enjoying the book. Hope you enjoy her favorite part of her mmmmbody.(LOL)


    AF

    ReplyDelete

Whaddya thinkin?