8.24.2008

True or False...

On controlling technology ... people, I got nuthin!! True: I love my computer, monitor, keyboard all working peripherals --they're a team! False: I love my monitor. My computer team knows I'm in control! True: I love my monitor UNTIL . . . the 'dark side' takes over. It's a BAD sign when your screen looks like this: Does anyone see a problem here? The top half of the screen is uhhh - asleep? Look closely -- can you see the horizontal white line... ? It's missing only the sound of a flatline BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP ... An optimist might say the screen is half ummm... awake??? Maybe it needs some of my espresso? Anyway, keep in mind I wrote this while it was only half-awake! =0} Oh MY... this is especially BAD... given that I am unable to control the urge to turn on the computer and type furiously for the 5 minutes the screen is completely available. Yikes! Suddenly I am reduced to using only the lower half the monitor screen to view what type -- wait I need to scroll down again -- updating blogs and communicating through email as well as all that "important" banking stuff I do ... is then S L O W E D to a turtle's pace. hummph! [wait - scrolling again] It's a psychotic moment when mid-sentence "BLIP" the dark side is present. Half of the screen I need is dark. I have about 4 inches of a window to view ... it's really quite IRRITATING. Worse yet, a sane person would stop typing, turn off their computer and accomplish something anything else . . . but I am still here typing (trying to read) [ then scrolling the screen back into view ] Just imagine my pain -- I am experiencing some serious brain strain as I literally force my brain to remember long forgotten key strokes - my mouse is a dear friend - so easy to point + click = action. These memorized key strokes {hidden deep in my memory} are currently my only option. They allow me to 'move' {click+drag} a window within my view and other such necessary Windows functions. Okay . . . you think I'm whining - well, duh!! Give computing a shot while covering the top half of your monitor. Click File or Format or any menu function and try from memory to the pick one of the top 5 options - because those will be what you need when the DARK side attacks your monitor! The one's which randomly appear ABOVE the bright white flat line! GRRRR! True: I got nuthin.
False: I'm gonna stop before my brain decides to be only half awake too.
HonuGirl
I wrote this blog a couple of days ago when my monitor had a Dark Side. Since then I started a search online for a new monitor. Beware technology... computers, mice, monitors are working as a team. Augghhh -- now they know WAY too much about my life. They talk, you see. The computer saw me researching the monitor's replacement -- then as if by magic (or a some kind of double agent divulging information)... my monitor - fearing replacement - began to work again -- no more Dark Side!! YEAAA... whahhh I wanted a new one! But, since I am so proud to have accomplished typing a blog with only half a screen ... I just HAD to share it with you! ps: shhh, don't tell my CPU, but i'm getting a new "M" for my b-day next week ~ tee hee {tanx 2 my friend V2T !!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whaddya thinkin?