8.06.2008

A Longing for Wisdom Beyond Years…

Need Knowledge, Desire Wisdom. Not all ten year olds are alike. That’s a given. Mine is a boy – which to the average onlooker may be considered even more so a challenge for a single Mom as I am. I refuse to acknowledge that my yoke is heavier because of circumstances. I know I don’t carry it alone – I feel the assistance of a mighty presence when faced with the daily needs of life, it’s an honor to share knowledge with my boys; I pray for guidance daily. Along with that – I believe my son, Jason, is extraordinary. Of course in my eyes, it is as it should be… since I am his Mother. But deeper still, as a person I am taken in by his grasp of human/spiritual experiences, how he views life itself and his need – no, his absolute hunger for knowledge beyond his years even for his spiritual development; I love that he has a passionate desire for “wisdom.”
I embrace his need for knowledge and desire for wisdom … he seeks it authentically and therein – already has a great amount of wisdom.
{Later, I'll tell you what he asked tonight - now, I simply need sleep!}
HonuGirl

1 comment:

Whaddya thinkin?