11.16.2008

UNCLE…. I give; seriously; enough!!

How do you know when too much of a good thing is just… too much! 

If I counted the number of movies watched this weekend, the bowls of popcorn and candy consumed… I would have to claim my status as completely CRAZY.

 

However, as I look around my place… I see a relatively clutter-free floor (yea, I have two boys – I'm not quite done with my Lego blog yet).

 

From here I see a newly introduced front entry unit with neatly placed boy belongings; shoes aligned just below, close to where they are supposed to be (hmmph)… organized storage bins with supplies, reading lists, library books, and teacher notes all prepared, signed sealed and back-packed for school. Whew!

Both boys are sleeping!

Since I can't see the kitchen counter, I won't even suggest that I haven't shined my sink or cleared the dishes from the last snack for boys.

But I know the laundry is caught up – including the blanket that needed washing after a bloody nose the other night.

 

The weekend was busy. Crazy busy.

Friday night Jeffrey had an overnight play date with his best friend. Jason and I stayed home together. We laid on the couch, in its hide-a-bed form, where we watched a movie with popcorn a number pieces of Halloween candy (only 3½ pounds left – yea!) and juice (usually not allowed after dinner).

What a cool kid. He said he'd massage my feet and my shoulders for me – uhhh, okay!

Hey, I'm never one to turn down a good thing especially if it comes with a movie, popcorn and candy – hurray!!

I kid you not; this boy has potential to make it as a professional LMT. He did exactly what he said. Massaged my feet -- guaranteed they would feel like marshmallows.

Turns out; he's quite good. He even reveals his moves; as he holds my foot showing just how he will... "press right here – feel that, it's a pressure point, Mom." AGHH… yes, matter-of-fact it IS a PRESSURE point thank you! Wow. Nice ok. A little less force on them there pressure points, kiddo. 

After just a little rest, it is hard work after all; more popcorn, candy and laughter over hilarious sense of humor – not to mention a very funny movie. My shoulders were next – his hands are small enough to actually get to the one spot under my right shoulder blade where I keep all the tension from typing in terribly non-ergonomic positions.

It was a painfully pleasant relief when finally he finished sharing those pressure points he'd skillfully learned from a fictional book of characters who taught massage (yes, research proved it to be truly from a book – how odd).

Oh… then I returned the massage for his neck and shoulders (feet – no way, too ticklish) and he talked about how he'd like to have a professional massage. And we agreed that I would call Cousin Allen to ask him for a 'kid massage' for Jason.

We stayed up a little later than usual for a Friday, but went to bed with our funny bones tickled, blood sugar that was certain to cause comatose sleep, relaxed neck shoulders and at least one set of tootsies that – as guaranteed – felt like marshmallows!

Saturday after Jeffrey came home; Jason's best friend came over for a play date. I took them all to a movie. We had pre-paid for tickets at school for the whole family… how exciting. Oh look, there's more… popcorn, soda, candy and another hysterically funny movie.

Jason was invited over to his best friend's for the night; leaving me and Jeffrey. I'll skip the part where I literally passed out from too much candy and popcorn… slept for two hours and finally recovered; just in time for yet another funny movie.

Ask me why too much of a good thing is just TOO MUCH?

Right after I tell you that I had a couple homemade lattes, I ate ice cream, caramel popcorn (Munch & Crunch or something – with peanuts – that's a protein right?). Okay, I'm realizing why I felt so sick… uggh!

Yes, this time I think I had a glass of wine or was that two?

Really cute movie – Kung Fu Panda – very funny. I got another foot massage – however, Jeffrey hasn't read the same book; so no pressure points. Definitely didn't want me to massage his feet or shoulders … he just wanted candy, ice cream and juice. Oh my gosh, have I lost my mind?

Well, I certainly wasn't making good parental choices while eating popcorn, ice cream, and candy all weekend; maybe it was the massage or the wine – nothing bad happens from lattes (didn't even keep me awake). Still am not sure what I was thinking.

 Falling into bed comatose afterward… yep, completely wiped out.

 

Huh, that explains why Jeffrey slept 12 hours!!

Story is that Jason only slept 1 hour over at his friend's house.

 

- - - -

Sunday is a really rough day at our place. I thought I wouldn't be able to piece together why a really good weekend went very bad. 

Turns out… you can OD on movies, massages, and munchies. Do not try this at home – it really isn't worth it. We were grumpy all day long! Grrrr!

HonuGirl

3 comments:

  1. Great new Look love the colors.

    Nice to see your back a blogin:-)

    Peace

    A friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK! I need a kick in the shin for not coming over to see you sooner...I am a schmuck! But I love your new look, so peaceful and sahweet!

    Are you recovering from your weekend of movie OD?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks... nice to have you back for a visit - glad you like the look (your updates inspired me)!

    Yes, fully recovered from MMM's OD -- but am curiously needing EXTRA time at the gym... hmmm??? what's up with that?

    ReplyDelete

Whaddya thinkin?