11.23.2008

Suddenly suffering...

I was not prepared for this illness I caught.  
The week went by without one hint of such possible weekend demise.
Then came Friday:
There I was sitting at a Starbucks {drinking a Peppermint latte} waiting for a text from my girl-friend.  She was coming home from a business trip; her husband was driving her home from the airport.  I was meeting them at their house with fixings for dinner -- they were running late!  
Well, I guess I sort of had a hint while driving across town; I was talking with my little sister by phone on my way to dinner and complained about a tickle in my throat.  
I was fine --  just a weird tickle, which I thought sipping my favorite beverage would resolve.   
Augghhh -- beware of the throat tickle -- it's a wicked preamble to something so much worse.
Later that night, after dinner conversation with friends, my throat felt like sandpaper.
I had planned on staying overnight anyway... but I didn't feel like driving home either.  We all hoped the next day I'd feel better. 
Uhhh-huh.   
AND on Saturday morning...
I opened my scratchy eyes to a cat who was sharing my heat (Bella).  Shortly after, I realized the rest of my body was in a full-on refusal of pain-free movement.  Ouch.  Ohh, yeah... I ached from head to toe.   Ugghhh.  
Mid-morning... 
I finally managed to become vertical; I made my way to their kitchen. Unencumbered by the need for makeup a hair brush or toothpaste...  just searching for some hot liquid for my throat.
Oh what I'd give up  for a cup O' tea I exclaimed, dramatically --  entering the presence of my friends as I promptly took my place on the couch near the fireplace and pulling the quilt up to my neck.
Mr. P, a typically kind, adoring man-spouse was brave enough to comment on my not-particularly-healthy appearance (not exacty his words... but I'm not gona quote him).
I wasn't prepared with a nice reply; but a grunt and nod was the best I could offer.   He said he wasn't quite sure which hand, uhh... finger gesture he might get with his comment, but then again I pride myself in being unpredictable.
At noon...
My girly-friend, Sandy, fed me homemade soup and hot tea.  So I taught her how to create a blog...  yeah!  Hey, even sickly drugged and with daggers lodged in my throat I can use a computer.  Well, teach someone else how to share their thoughts on Blogger!!  
I was so tired I had to nap. 
Early evening...
I awoke with a cat snuggling against my backside.  Okay, she was trying to heal me Sandy predicted - cats do that - dont'cha know?!   Hmmm, they are particularly special cats.  I took my medicine Umcka, it's almost as good as sleeping with cats.
More computer stuff with girl-friend... I don't remember, exactly.  I hope she remember's how to login.  
We ate dinner; I just can't remember anything more than the fireplace and quilt and something about photos... she hadn't downloaded her camera (I stopped counting at 790). 
Since I had not an ounce of energy to drive, I stayed over again.  This time a fuzzy kitty (Tuffy) was there to tuck me in and stayed ALL night.   
It must have been the cats, as by morning I could function well enough for a shower, make-up; quite luckily my toothbrush and coffee actually tasted normal again.
However, doing so zapped nearly all my energy.   Yet, I managed to drive home; turn on the wall heater; grab a quilt and uhh... rest.  
Blog.  Rest more.  Introduce yet another friend, Tony, to blog.  Rest. Finally finish this post.
The weekend went by without my being cognitive of much -- other than friends, quilts and cats that heal -- quite suddenly a new week begins...  while two friends have someplace to blog!!
HonuGirl

3 comments:

  1. YOU POOR DEAR!! Being sick really stinks! Glad you had someone to take care of you.

    Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even in your bug-infested haze you were a rockstar teacher...thanks!
    kitties are the best pain killer, get weller kinda critters on planet earth...tuffy say's 'hi'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do send me some pix of da kitties for posting... somewhere in the 790+ I remember seeing good ones of da pain killer kitties!!

    ReplyDelete

Whaddya thinkin?