11.20.2008

Listen to the voice…

Do you ever realize after the point of no return that you should have listened to the sage advice of your inner voice?

 

You know the little voice that says 'take the long way' – even though the map program says there's a shorter, faster better way – where you will ultimately discover the traffic is deadlocked …

That tender voice that warns you a millisecond before you allow something snarky to escape and you find out as the words leave your lips why you should've left it alone…

Sometimes its kind enough to prove that consequences would have been far more effective if you had listened more and talked less…

Oohhh, THAT voice?

 

It was present this morning… while I drove talking on my cell phone (with headset of course) answering questions for my brother.

Yep. It was all good. I had no reservations during that conversation.

It wasn't until …

in that moment of truth when talking with someone else I expressed myself (contrary to my inner voice prodding)… yes, I simply blurted my opinion on what was said to me earlier. . .

 

I've struggled all day with the resultant aftermath . . . why doesn't that voice choose to simply scream LISTEN TO ME!!!!

 

Words are like toothpaste – quick & easy to squeeze out … but tough as heck to mush 'em back inside.

HonuGirl

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Love the toothpaste comparison.

    Here's to a day with more paste less tooth. (does that even make sense??)

    Shutting up now..

    ReplyDelete

Whaddya thinkin?