11.25.2008

Who needs upgrades?

Today, I compared myself to my computer; well, maybe it's a contrast really, but it's funny nonetheless. 
I know.  I'm weird that way... can't help that, just bear with me, I'm blogging.
Before now my computer and I were market competitive -- well, sort of.   
Not really or necesssarily that recently.    Whatever.
Let's just say a couple years ago I was not and the computer was.   I think somewhere along the way we traded places.  It became less marketable or uhh valuable; then certain circumstances and self-discovery changed that truth for me.
Prior to today I would say my memory was similar to my computer; available on the hard drive, but retrieval ... sketchy  at best.  However, a friend installed new RAM for my computer and now I have become the slower comodity while the computer speeds beyond my reasonable skills for recall.   Darn, sure wish it was that easy for me too.
Of course, my coughing hurts way more than computer software glitches... of that, I am quite certain.  I feel confident that my miserable headache, body pain, and congestion outweigh computer viruses any day; which is why computer technicians (or friends in my case) don't get paid as much as doctors.  We just can't live without them and love them dearly (really, I do).   
However, we both get to play games with the boys (maybe it's the other way around... hmmm).  Although, I'm sure I have more fun than the computer; since I'm also the one who tells the boys when to STOP playing with the computer... yeah, well that's probably an unfair comparison anyway.
What I do know is that we both could use an updated video card.  I'm constantly squinting to read and my computer is not quite sure it can suck enough power to do its job without further assistance.
Well, there you have it... in computer terms, I'm not gona move very fast on the craig'slist site, but on the other hand - I'm somewhat frustrating, mildly entertaining, yet useful and fun to watch compute. 
I would like to think I am the advanced model... since I get to leave the desk, don't sit long enough to get dusty, am not damaged by heat, can use water without freaking out (sort of), magnets don't adjust my memory,  and am not required to get upgrades for me to function well (although . . .   some are worth considering); AND most importantly I actually get to wear the shoes I shop for online!
Hah... try that computer!!   
Guess I do need to put in a request for that video upgrade soon -- I'm having trouble reaching the keyboard as I lean back to read...   yikes!   
HonuGirl

2 comments:

  1. BTW ... many thanks to my techie Friend: I appreciate the RAM upgrade and installation services... was fun to catch up on life too!! U R 2 Cool... Blessings 2 U! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness! This was one funny comparison! I LOVE it! You made my morning as I have been fighting with my computer lately.

    ReplyDelete

Whaddya thinkin?