11.24.2008

So much to say...

Jason and I started something new a while back… 

We share a journal - having conversations on paper as we trade it back and forth.  

 

They almost always end with “I love You” and his final request… “Please answer all my questions in your next entry.”

 

Isn’t that a heavy request!  

 

Luckily his questions are fairly easy …

  “where did you get this pen?  I like it.” 

“can I write in on this page?”

“I wonder why it’s called it a ‘dragon’ fly?”  (next to his lovely drawing of one)

“What would it be like to own a daycare?  Would it be hard? Or would it be easy as making pancakes?”

 

“Did I tell you what I want for my birthday?  … {followed by a list of his top requests}

 

Several pages back I was re-reading his entry with interest as suddenly I was forced to question… did my son really write this?

 

As my eyes followed his scratchy writing left to right and down the page…

they stopped at the sentence before last one, it’s on the left side… 

my heart gave pause as I re-examined the statement…

It was haphazardly tucked between sweet comments about the Wall-E movie and a description of a school poster he saw while waiting for bike safety   this wonderful gift:

 

            “I’m also glad that you understand me, Mom.”

 

He turns 11 on Thanksgiving – one of many things for which I’m grateful! 

HonuGirl

1 comment:

Whaddya thinkin?