2.10.2010

Day 1 ...


today is the first day of "limited sugar"

If I were to write "first day of no sugar" then my aggressive/defiant self (ADS) would become alert and rather noisy (although ADS is generally silent -- 95% of the time, my passive/compliant self (PCS) is at the ready for well, nothing really) … oh anyway, I’m gona blame King G for this one! 

King sent me to a website for my health (‘cause he’s thoughtful that way) – it was so fitting. Too much so, actually, it was as if the speaker/author/“fitness dude” could see me through the back side of the monitor; dang it!  He called it… nearly every symptom, ailment, and concern I had recently complained about (mostly internally as PCS rules 95%, and what have I to complain about anyway?)

Perhaps… it is the increased percentage of ADS presence that has been tad bit more noticeable as of late … (hey now – don’t think you’ll be getting’ any confessions here, I’m just saying...  maybe I’ve been told to chill-a-tude a little more often than usual).

Stay with me now …

~

Day 1 no milk in coffee, means no latte.  No latte means … NO LATTE    auuughhh!!!   What the heck!   Who agreed to this stinkin' deal anyway.

Whoooa!!   Wait, wait … really, what I meant was “I drank tea today, didn’t have any cream to put in my coffee” (milk has hidden – well, it's clearly documented on the nutrition label, but there’s that sugar stuff in there). 

Tonight I baked cookies for the office -- Thursday Treats tomorrow.  Yeah, almond snickerdoodles with pink & red sprinkles for Valentines Day.  .   

Resisting was easier than I thought -- although memory loss may be one of the symptoms on that Dude's list... hmmm.   Well, easy if you call biting my tongue and/or pressing it to the roof of my mouth so no air gets inside.  Holding my breath so as not to 'smell' the cookies as they come out of the oven in their perfect sugar/cinnamon almondy delight -- yeah, THAT was easy [NOT].  But I did it.

As soon as each batch was cool enough I'd count them as I placed each dozen into the ziplock baggie for transport -- kind of therapeutic -- yet, also assurance that  my ADS had not snuck one away from the batch and preyed on it

~

It's late now ... tomorrow I will have different sugar woes uh-hmm, sugar cane, uh-oh.   Thus, ends Day 1 -- all cookies accounted for in a bag.  Only one q-tip head size crumb found it's way through pursed lips -- but my tongue felt better when I stopped biting it!!


( ps:   thanks a lot King! )


Honugirl

2 comments:

  1. EXCELLENT resolve, girl! Let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about day 2 - 3 .......

    Hope all is well.

    A friend

    ReplyDelete

Whaddya thinkin?