2.18.2010

Days 5, 6, & finally 7


A little more (or less) about sugar …



Days 5, 6, 7 -- the one week challenge comes to an end.


Day 5 – Valentine's Day!

For most of the day I did quite well; that is, until I was in Mom & Dad's kitchen. That's where the candy calls from the glass jar on the side bar; the brownies whisper with a warm & welcoming smell on the island, and the serious problem was that it was Valentine's Day (and I know there are a gazillion containers of chocolate candies in the cupboard). Besides, does it make any sense at all to NOT have chocolate on this DAY? With a quick check on the "indulgent" list – it was a relief to find that I could have one ounce of dark chocolate (or was that 2?) for dessert. Okay – I fudged it a little and totally blamed it on Day!



Day 6 – President's Day

Today was a holiday… I didn't go to the office! Instead, to my delight, I woke up at a more leisurely hour and met King G at the gym for a solid workout. It was incredible to see my friend again. We didn't skip a beat – talking, pushing weights, and catching up (a wee bit more complaining from me), the abs – well, I will wait to comment on that. So, about the sugar thing.… think I'm doing pretty well—feels good to me anyway! Food choices were good… until I made cupcakes for Jeffrey's birthday (tomorrow the 16th). I don't like cake, but I opted to make frosting … and messed it up (umm, yeah, but Sweet-T fixed it for me). That's where I messed up more – I liked the frosting he made (dang good). And then I wished I hadn't =) That's when the boys came home and Jeffrey had a fever of 103. Hmmmph. The rest I don't remember.



Day 7 – Jeffrey's B-day (double digits)

Jeffrey being sick, I worked only a partial day, while Sweet-T stayed with Jeffrey; I can't remember eating, although I'm sure I did. My mother-instincts were on high alert the rest of the day… checking temperature, administering medicine, and trying to make the best of a 10th birthday for a kiddo who feels rotten. Didn't help that my cupcakes were great (yes, I tried a mini one) … but the boys loved the confetti theme and the one 10 with a single candle to blow out. We cancelled the "friends" part of the evening since Jeffrey wasn't up for that.


~

Thus is the end of a seven day challenge. I have to say I did feel better san sugar … I will have to think hard before I completely cut it out of my life. However, it's certainly a culprit for a few things in my health. I will definitely be making some changes… next week!













 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whaddya thinkin?