2.20.2010

be inspiring ...


No, really I mean "inspiring" not perspiring   -- hmmph!.

If a person calls to "inspire" another, they should know the definition of the word.


Not that I want to second guess whether that individual understands the premise of the word, but in my personal opinion, after a receiving a call to "inspire" – the person called should feel encouraged, enthused or perhaps uplifted and motivated to move forward… not afraid, threatened, worried, and visibly shaken.


Had I not been the person who opened the line of communication for such "inspiration" in the first place, perhaps I'd feel less responsible, angry and irritated by the outcome.



Uhhh, hmmm, nope… I'm quite sure I'd still be grinding down the enamel on my teeth.



Due to the extra emotional distress caused by my belief that 'inspire' has a commonly understood meaning, I suddenly felt the need know whether it means what I think it means; and to be sure I'm not crazy …



So, I checked with a well-studied, commonly accepted to be accurate and very knowledgeable friend to inquire what it means to 'inspire.'


– here's what Merriam-Webster, had to say:


in·spire 

1 a : to influence, move, or guide by divine or supernatural inspiration b : to exert an animating, enlivening, or exalting influence on <was particularly inspired by the Romanticists> c : to spur on : impelmotivate  


Ahh, oh thanks for that clarification.     Guess I'm not crazy after all.   (Hey, no comments from the peanut gallery.)




Aspire  to  I n s p i r e  before you expire!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whaddya thinkin?