1.07.2009

Purging and Replacing…

I've reluctantly accepted the fact that we are in the year 2009. 

 

Acceptance of this fact, however, leads me to accomplish the year-end task of purging my 2008 filing system (don't bother being impressed; it's brown, ugly and expandable); notice – I did not say I was organizing – that is a task for those not inflicted with "distractination".

 

Ultimately, my purging is an act of preparation for the inevitable deadline in April (but who's counting… yet?). Right; I'm done talking about that – it makes me squeamish.

 

Along with the physical there is the mental and emotional purging. As part of the purging of a passing year, I take time to purge my thoughts, my heart and emotions of things that may have become buried and now is a severe disorganized pile of anger, resentment or other such unhealthy clutter.

 

I think I am allowed to be happy about the news that my insides are not as cluttered as my desk or as disorganized as my house. I have a successful internal system for purging:

 

"Let go and let God."

Casting all your care upon him; for he cares for you.                         1 Peter 5:7

 

 

What a blessing it is to be heard. I love my friends (you are definitely included). Since friends are tangible beings, they are easier to accept as human but I believe they are God's angels who walk with us here. Truth is, God works through and has wisely placed "incredible" friends in my life.

It is with great joy and much gratitude that I say 2008 was a fabulous year of listening, sharing, knowing, loving, caring and giving my time, my life, my boys and my heart.

 

As I am purging the clutter I am fondly replacing the empty space with blessed memories, moments, words, and imprinting my heart with the expressions of my dearly loved friends!

 

May we spend more time with "angels"  in 2009!!

HonuGirl

1 comment:

  1. Friend, I wish I could say that my insides weren't as cluttered as my surroundings, but I am making it my goal in 2009 to change this.

    Thanks for your beautiful words of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Whaddya thinkin?