11.03.2009

Who said that ... ?

Said what ?
Not I -- for I'm sure my brain would have diverted it's path --
if only mouth hadn't said it so fast!
Seuss is a favorite of one boy in my house, tonight he read Yertle the Turtle aloud. We laughed at the cute little turtles, the wonder of balance, and the pain of the weight; saying "good grief - that selfish Yertle made such a mistake." We pondered the courage of a young guy to speak, how his hopeful expression became disbelief -- we scolded the leader who barked at the plea of a burdened turtle who just needed a break ... we cheered when such a small motion brought Yertle his lesson -- how pride made him tumble and a noise brought their blessing.
*~*
It's time once again for words from the Lyon boys... please note, this blogger mom may {or may not} have permission to share quotes presented below... thus any boy words or motherly interjection will be unidentifiable {for the most part} unless I choose make it obvious.
Random words of kindness:
"Here, I'll carry that bag for you Mom, you look FAT-eee-gUd -- it means tired, I'm expanding my vocabulary" (whew, he almost got THE LOOK - ya know, the one that says "you did NOT just call me FAT-ish ??")
"My friend's littler sister has almost as much imagination as me. She's still growing, though, I can't wait for that day when it explodes like fireworks -- wow, it will be so cool!"
"that's cuz you're an adult and you ALREADY know better."
"I wish I had a punching bag"
"Are you hungry? Auuughh, not in the vegetable drawer" -- swiftly taking a sleep-walking boy to the bathroom {just in time... whew}
"You're the greatest Mom ... EVER!!"
"whoever invented homework, must not have liked kids."
"if one of my parents gets married again - I don't want them to have [ahem, you know]; my brother and I have enough brothers, we don't want any more kids" {edited, blog courtesy}
"my mouth was talking as fast as my brain was thinking ... but it was too fast for my brain to stop it."
and this pretty much says it all ~
* * *
"Whaat?? but I didn't even hear me say that!!"
HonuGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whaddya thinkin?