11.04.2009

Whatcha gona be ...

when you grow up?
The question is commonly asked; the answers are rarely identical.
Here's what I heard:

Jason: I want to be an aeronautical engineer for the military; I would like to be a pilot, and a pastor (not really in that order). I think that means I have to go to college a few more years; but that’s really what I want to be – oh and I'd like to play professional basketball and be a good musician too.

Jeffrey: I just want to be me!

Jason: But what do you want to “do” when you grow up, you know, to make money or somethin'?

Jeffrey: Oh, I’d like to drive a monster truck and race cars. What kind of degree do I need for that?

[ mom is grateful big brother answered first -- without hestitation in fact -- the answer just rolled off his tongue while Mom was holding hers ... huh?? ]

Jason: Probably a physics degree; you'll need to know about trajectory of cars as you run them over. It would also be very helpful in determining speed, adjusting suspension and other important factors for racing too.

Jeffrey: Oh, that would be good. I’d like to be an artist too – I’m going to paint my truck pink!!

Mom: I want to grow up to have a good self-concept & be at least half as smart as my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whaddya thinkin?