3.02.2009

Another Reminder...

God's been good to me!!

My boys LOVE to sing.  

I LOVE to hear them sing.

When they sing in unison my world becomes as effortless and calm as their beautiful harmony.

  

The other day while driving I was enjoying just such a moment; when Jeffrey’s voice faded from our "Love You Outloud" ensemble.  The song ended moments after and he called out in a somewhat serious tone:  

“MOM, are you smiling?”   

[Uhh, not sure if I was… until he asked and I smiled as if it were my cue.]  So I  happily announced, “Yes, Buddy, I am!”

 

“Good.” He affirmed… “Because I have been smiling and waving at lots of drivers and only one smiled back at me.”  

 

“Mom, why don’t people smile when they are driving?”

 

Whoosh… a hurricane of thoughts began storming through my mind.  Could it be they are afraid of the nation’s economic state; or perhaps they are feeling trapped financially; or tragically sad from family problems or emotionally torn into pieces from life’s challenges… oh my how – I struggled with what to say???

 

Which is exactly why I responded with something trite about other drivers concentrating on the road AND that it's a good thing I have incredible kids in the back seat to remind me of wonderful reasons to smile.  =)

 

This smile thing reminds me of a quote from a friend of mine:  “if you’re alive … notify your face!”

We finished our trip home waving at drivers and us all unabashedly singing LOUD and happy with Keith Urban:   "God's Been Good to Me!!"    =)

I was SMILING out loud  "smack dab in the middle of paradise"!

HonuGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whaddya thinkin?