5.19.2010

he writes …



Age Poem

At twelve I lived for the delicious chocolate-chip cookies my Mom and I made on Wednesday nights.

I lived for rock-band and staying up till 11:00 pm playing the endless setlist 1.

I lived for the endless nerf wars that 'the Jeffreys' and I would have (that they would win).

I lived for the times when we all would cuddle on the couch and watch a movie.

I lived for the times when Jeffrey and I would play fetch with Eddie and Jeffrey would hit the stop-sign 150 ft away

I lived for my friends and family and the help they have given me.

I lived for the times where we would play Mario Kart and watch Mom lose … horribly.

I lived because I wanted to Live.

But what I really live for is music, for getting into the emotion of the song and falling like a feather into the dark blue sea of emotion, music and love.

So music is what I really live for.


By: Jason Lyon
(Age Poem - 2010)

1 comment:

  1. Great job on your poem, Jason. And hurray for you, Jolene, for being such a wonderful mom. He obviously values the good things in life.

    ReplyDelete

Whaddya thinkin?