7.28.2008

Hello ~ my name is …

Dory ~ Hi, do I know you?
To friends who know me well, I am most fondly named Dory. If thoughts of a bright blue fish swimming in circles who can’t remember where she’s going or why she’s being followed by a clown fish … that’s me well, sort of? She’s actually the character, Dory, from the movie Finding Nemo.


Before selecting a title for creating Blog about me... Alive, Aware, Amazed my other possible option for a blog title was: Hi, I'm Dory … I think? Possible posts: Oh wait until you hear this … huh, what was I saying? I’m not easily distracted, I just … oh look, pretty shoes. My morning started with a latte … wish I could remember where it is. Many Dory-isms occur in my life. It’s not uncommon that at least once a day my peeps say “good one, Dory”. I don’t try to be humorous – I’m just drawn this way! One time when I was leaving the apartment I couldn’t find my keys. (This puts me so completely out of sorts.) I always try to put them in the same place or I would never find them or be able to leave for that matter. Soon, I determined that they were not where they should be and I would have to put down my purse, my sunglasses, my workout bag and my latte to take a moment trying to remember where I set those keys… weird feeling; I’m alone, but it seems every time I take a step someone is tapping me on the butt. What the heck is going on back there – yep, I stuffed the key faub in my back pocket and the keys were dangling at my backside. If keys could talk… with each tap saying – Hey, Dory!! Check it out, your keys are behind you … no your own behind; come on girl, back here!!! And I’d be thinking ... what? ... where? Hey, wasn’t I looking for something? Oh, there’s my latte, cool. There you have it. I am very entertained by my Dory-ness … even when others are not. Sometimes, I get into full character (think blue fish) and put a ‘blank’ expression on (not too difficult for me) … I really meant to run my errands, but I sat down to type in the address of the first stop into Mapquest and I started writing this blog!! =) This is why I’ve created a new word to describe myself: Distractinator: When a distracted person and a procrastinator are one and the same! This is true of me while online. If being distracted will assist in procrastinating… it’s likely I’m being a distractinator and avoiding responsibility while having no conscious thought to that end as I am completely distracted by that “thing” which has my attention at that moment. It’s almost as if the commercial about “IT” is my life … you follow the word around until you have no idea what they were advertising in the first place. I still have no idea… I just like seeing people who love the word “IT” and carry “IT” with them through the day. Such a warm feeling isn’t it? My caveat about this blog – read at your own risk, you may become frustratingly lost in the ramblings of a distractinator.


 


HonuGirl         


2 comments:

  1. Funny I hear dat Dory forgot something when she went to the gym this week and truth to the rumor ?? If so is it a wear is waldo moment and Can I help ya find the lost item ??

    V

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely blog....oh hey, look a turtle....what? I need to do laundry...oh look a blog....and a turtle. LOL!

    I am Dory II. Nice to meet you :D

    ReplyDelete

Whaddya thinkin?